Jun 10, 2009

How I turned 165 dollars into over 500dollars...

Its been a while since I've updated the good ol' blog. A lot of stuff has happened, in hopes of keeping good spirits I'm just going to write about how I have actually progressed forward and trippled my money without doing much besides emailing and holding out for good deals. I actually was inspired by the story about how a guy traded a pen or a penny (something of the sort) and kept trading until he got a house.

As my dear sweet fiancee mispells it "husselin" but everyone else would hopefully go the correctly spelled road and spell it "hustling". With that being said let me demonstrate how I turned a ukulele I didn't use anymore into well over 500 dollars.

I picked up a Cordoba Uke a few years ago for about 150'ish b/c they didn't have the cheaper one I was told was in stock. That being said, it was collecting dust since I prefer to play acoustic and/or electric guitar over it. The only reason I wanted to get the uke was so that one of my good friends James and I could play/sing songs in the car ride to Warped tour in NC. It served as a great time filler for the ride and my baby sister Gracie LOVVVVVVVVVVVED to play with it any chance she got. Actually all the kids in the family wanted to, its just a tad too pricey for kids to play with as a toy.

That being said I decided I'd sell it, I got 175 out of it. I took 165 and purchased an Xbox 360 with a 20 gig gig HDD and 3 games. The games were

Lost Planet
NBA 2k6
Smackdown Vs Raw 09


I ended up selling this without the hard drive and only with the nba game for 140.


After this I bought this package for 140. It was Guitar Hero 3 w/wireless guitar, Perfect Dark Zero (collectors edition) and Ghost Recon 2. Also had wirelesscontroller and 20 gig hard drive. This left me with an extra 20 gig hard drive. I ended up selling the extra for a quick Ulysses. Now for those of you who dont know about the good ol' Ulysses...shame ...shame on you. Mr. U is a step below the ever so popular Benjamin. I would just call him Grant but ya know we use Ben's first name...so hey whatever Ulysses S. Grant FTW. Hopefully you got that and realized I'm talking about the great 50 dollar bill that I'm sure everyone loves all the same. I got a bit off subject there but honestly I think that the two women that read this dont care. I love you mom and lynds, ...and anyone else who stumbles upon this masterpiece of blogging history.

So yea, took the 50 dollars and bought a non functioning Polaroid 3200 LCD TV for 50 bucks. The guy was super nice and said he'd even refund me the money (he's ballin) if I couldn't fix it. My good buddy Coletrain wants it for 50 if i dont fix it though. Heres a pic of Frankenstien. I call him that b/c hopefully one day like my boy Dr Frankenstien did he shall be ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! I think its a power inverter that needs fixing, that costs about 140 dollars. I'm assuming a shop will do it for 160'ish or I'll do it myself...worst case scenario I get my 50 bucks back and initiate the "husseling" all over again.

Now for the big bang shibang dont soil your pants when I drop this bomb of crazyness upon you. I traded the 360 console w/wireless controller and 20 gig HDD, Lost Planet, Ghost Recon 2 and Perfect Dark Zero for none other than an 80 Gig PS3! I really have never enjoyed any sony products...but this was an AWESOME deal. I was told it was a 40 gig with 3 games...its an 80 with 4 games though. I did about 15 happy dances in a row followed by a macarana and most likely something Micheal Jackson would have coreographed himself. Of course I had to put a pic up since I did all the others.

I was actually planning on most likely selling the TV for somewhere b/w 300-400 but now I may hold onto it so I have something to play xbox on if Lynds wants to watch TV. Who knows though, I think the goal is to get a 42 or bigger downstairs for when we have people over and then we can move the 32" to the office. I really need to get to bed now.

I'm trying to sell the ps3 bundle for 450

Viola!

I am unbelievably tired but wanted to write this out tonight while it was all fresh in my mind.


************EDIT*********

PS3 was old read newer post for moar information'

No comments: