Apr 21, 2009

The economy sucks, more student loans please?

I'm not looking forward to taking out over 20k worth of student loans. It's 6k~ per semester and should take hopefully around 2 years going all year round. I am rather headstrong about going to ECPI for a BS in Network Security. I get the best view of both worlds nowadays....

I see people that have degrees living pretty good lifestyles. At a previous job though, I saw first hand how a degree didn't really do much. I think when it all comes down to it a degree helps a TON. What really puts you where you are is your desire and push to do well. I will be the first one to admit I am by no means a handy man...what so ever. I do however think that I am fairly good at learning what I need to. If you put something in front of me and say I need this, you can bet I'm going to try my hardest to learn how to it thoroughly in and out.

As of late I think I've really gotten a good grasp for just doing my own thing and not really caring if thats cool or hip. I don't think anyone at work likes the same music that I listen to the most. I don't think that makes me cool by any means, actually it kinda makes a gap...but its all good. I love my job and have already learned a good bit of stuff from electrical work to network troubleshooting.

Anywho back on track, the average network security engineer position in the US pays 77. If I could just make 50k in a few years that'd be pretty dang amazing. So here's to hoping I finally get this right and buckle down. I feel a lot better going into this w/Lynds in my life. She is amazing at keeping me on track and headed in the right direction.

This saturday her, myself, my little sister, mother, and grandmother will be headed to the Cola zoo. I know that everyone is looking forward to that quite a bit. I am not excited about the zoo...more so the people and seeing them all happy and what not.

This post was pretty comic-less, next time I'll try to bring the full force.


Fun-fact - Microsoft may actually fix a modded xbox if you try to send it in....lets see if it works for me.

Also there was a bday party for a cousin that we see all the time at any family occasion. For some reason his mom/dad (my aunt/uncle) didn't throw me nor lynds an invite. Shame on you guys for hoe'ing out on us like that.

Now I shall join Lynds in watching one of her fav shows...American Idol. Lets hope for dinner being done, lulz.

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

dinner being done..pls!!
we arent married yet mister lol

schools going to be awesome!
im a tad jealous i cant be in the library with you telling you over and over to stop playing WoW and get to your math homework

and the zoo will be fun
you will see!!!